Ray_Net wrote:

> Ed Mullen wrote:
>> Ray_Net wrote:

>>> If the page in Word is simple ... Word can be used to save the file
>>> if you choose the (page web(.htm) filtered) format.
>>
>> It still produces non-standard HTML and won't validate. Try it
>> yourself:
>>
>> http://validator.w3.org/
>
> But, It's not because a page validates that this page can be seen
> correctly with all browsers ...

But, it is an excellent first step toward that goal. All browsers are
required, so to speak, to follow W3C recommendations on how to display
valid HTML and CSS code. However, they are free to determine how to
handle errors in whatever manner their authors decide. They might guess
... they might ignore ... they might - well, I'm sure you get the
picture.

--
   -bts