chicagofan wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
Smiles wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
http://screencast.com/t/NzgxOWE0OWIt

after sending a reply that is almost as small as this post.
I thnik that theyr never will be able to solve this pop-up windows
hanging. One reason is because they cannot reproduce the trouble ...
this error drove me crazy for a month before I found out my ISP was
having SMTP server issues

so after a period of time I close
it the problem at times is the email was sent but not recorded in
sent mail

good luck at your end
I've checked with My ISP about this and they say they have no issues.
This has only started with SM 2 it didn't exist in 1.x

One thing that has changed between 2 and one is you now set how long
you wait for a time out
http://screencast.com/t/ZjQ0N2Jm

SM 1 took the timing from the SMTP server. I think this has something
to do with it.

I had problems with this in my version of SM 1.... same as SM 2. [I
think my last version was 1.1.4] Also, it happened more frequently with
the old version than 2.0.5 for me. At least ... up until now. :)
bj

Same with me, the problem appeared also with SM1.
The only detour i found is to check ...after a certain time,.. if the mail sent is present in the "Sent" folder. If this is true, i kill this pop-up window. I never encounterd this type of problem using *other* mail client. This is really a "SeaMonkey problem" and we never can expect a solution - perhaps not initiatiating anymore this pop-up window :-(