Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

Why would you have cookies that survive for months?

I have some cookies for years.  Why?  So I don't have to go through the
login process every time I go to those sites.

Set SM to purge all cookies on shutdown ("accept cookies for current
session only"), and you'll start every session fresh.

..and re-login...   ;-)

If that's your taste, I suppose you'll have to live with the possibility that an old cookie might foul you up. My personal preference is to login each time; very few of the sites I visit require it.

Paul B. Gallagher