Ed Mullen wrote:
JD wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:
JD wrote:
Somebody in another news group posted the following two links:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703977004575393173432219064.html

http://blogs.wsj.com/wtk/

OK, so I want to try some Extensions like Better Privacy and Ghostery.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/6623/?src=api
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/9609/

Problem is they both say: "Not available for SeaMonkey 2.0/"

So why are they appearing as Add-ons for Seamonkey?

I installed Ghostery yesterday on SM 2.0.6 and it works fine.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/search/?q=ghostery&cat=all&lver=any&pid=1&sort=&pp=20&lup=&advanced=

http://tinyurl.com/275ogkw

I wasn't really interested in Better Privacy since I don't allow Flash
cookies to begin with. YMMV

OK. Your link also says "Not available for SeaMonkey 2.0/". If it works
for you then it's good enough for me!

Umm, I don't see "Not available ..." anywhere on that page. And if you
click on the Ghostery logo it'll take you here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/9609

Where it clearly says it's compatible.

When I try to install I get this:

"This add-on requires SeaMonkey 2.1a3. You are currently using SeaMonkey 2.0/."

I'm using SM 2.06, what version are you using?

How did you block Flash cookies? Here?:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager06.html

Actually, if I remember my research, I think it's this one:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

But I recommend using the settings manager to deny having /anything/
saved nor any remotely-controlled actions (camera, microphone, etc.) nor
any other setting that looks even remotely intrusive. Which I consider
to be almost everything! :-)

I didn't know Flash was setting cookies. These cookie setters are busy
little beavers, aren't they?

Yep.

--
 JD..