On 08/05/2010 07:44 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:
> If I wanted to try the 2.1 alpha what are the caveats installing it on a
> system that has the 2.0.6 Release on it?
>
> Yes, I've got good backups of my profiles but I'm interested in the best
> practice for installing (and using) both versions on the same system.
>
> What about profile import?
>
> Any help appreciated.

If you use calendar (lightning) in 2.0.6, back up your entire 2.0.6
mozilla folder and use a *different* profile for 2.1x. The calendar data
is not compatible & 2.1x will screw up your 2.0.6 data.

Worth reading:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1248265
Note: I didn't bother editing prefs.js, just renamed "storage.sdb" and
the folder "calendar-data" and created a new 'Personal' and imported the
.ics back in.