On 08/06/2010 06:10 PM, d...@kd4e.com wrote:
>  > NoOp wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks!  How is this possible?
>>>
>>>       File name: /initrd/mnt/dev_save/libflashplayer/libflashplayer.so
>>>       Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
>>>
>>>       File name: /initrd/mnt/dev_save/libflashplayer/libflashplayer.so
>>>       Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
>>
>> Don't know... try Ubuntu :-)
>>
>> Perhaps one is a symlink? Check by:
>>
>> $ ls -al /initrd/mnt/dev_save/
>
> That produced:
>
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root root      4096 2010-05-22 02:09 libflashplayer
>
> I have never had this problem before and don't have it on the other
> laptops here with similar installs -- on which I have updated the
> libflashplayer.so
>
> Something somewhere is holding onto the old version ... a config
> file perhaps that is not being refreshed properly?

OK. So let's go back to:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_SeaMonkey
 pluginreg.dat   SeaMonkey 1.x and Mozilla Suite         Registration of
plugin mimetypes (see also about:plugins).
Located in the "Mozilla" folder that contains the "Profiles" folder
(Windows and Mac OS X) or in the ".mozilla" folder that contains the
<profile name> folder (Linux).
Note: pluginreg.dat is located in the profile folder in SeaMonkey 2.0
and above.

Close out SM. Then:

$ cd /home/<username>/.mozilla/seamonkey/<profile>/

Make a backup of the file ($ cp pluginreg.dat x-pluginreg.dat-x) and
then open & edit out the Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42 bits. Restart SM and
see if it's still showing up.