On 8/30/10 12:09 PM, Rickles wrote:
> WinXP Pro, SP3 with Security and Critical updates.  SM 1.1.19 with
> Mulitzilla and IETab.
>
> If you go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/, near the bottom is a highlight
> area called 'Special Reports'.  In my SM display, that Special Reports
> heading, photo and accompanying byline is always superimposed on text
> that is displayed immediately above where the Special Reports area is
> supposed to be placed.  If I view the page in an IE Tab, everything
> renders as it would appear the webmaster intended.
>
> Checking the RUL against the W3C Validator site reports that the page is
> completely XHTML 1.0 Strict compliant.
>
> I am not a programmer, so have no idea how to de-construct a web page or
> style sheet.  Can anyone suggest what might be the issue here?

Works okay for me.

Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.1 (Service Pack 3)
800x600 screen, 32-bit true colors

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.11)
Gecko/20100701 SeaMonkey/2.0.6
Extensions (enabled: 7)
* Adblock Plus 1.2.2 (http://adblockplus.org/)
* DOM Inspector 2.0.4 (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/inspector/)
* Flashblock 1.3.16 (http://flashblock.mozdev.org/)
* Live HTTP headers 0.16
* PrefBar 5.1.1 (http://prefbar.mozdev.org/)
* Show Password On Input 0.1.3
(https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/6143/)
* ShowIP 0.8.19 (http://code.google.com/p/firefox-showip/)

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross