Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Just upgraded from v. 1.1.16 to 2.0.6, and it seemed to go smoothly --
most everything was seamlessly imported, even down to my global Windows
shortcut that launches the program.

After poking around the program and reading the release notes, I have
two questions:

1) Is it safe to uninstall v. 1.1.16 through the uninstall link at Set
Program Access and Defaults?

2) How can I show my sigs at the bottom of the composition window?

Thanks.

1) Yes it is, but it's my understanding that when you install SM 2, it
makes a copy of your SM 1.x profile, so when you un-install SM 1.x, you
may want to delete (or at least archive), one of the profile copies.

2) Create yourself a sig file and save it somewhere then, in SM have a
look at Edit-> Mail&News group account settings, and, on the Account
Settings page for the server, select "Attach the signature from a file
instead", and point to the file that you just saved.

HTH

OK, today I went ahead and removed v. 1.1.16 via Windows Set Program
Access and Defaults. V. 2 seems to still work, but now Windows doesn't
recognize it as an email program or browser -- if I go into Control
Panel | Internet Properties, it's not available as a program that can be
made the default. Similarly, if I go into SM's Edit | Preferences | Mail
& Newsgroups, the option "Make SeaMonkey the default application for..."
has Mail (grayed out), News (available), and Feeds (grayed out).
Clicking News grays it out with no further feedback, so I suppose that
means it's now the default for news? But Windows already knew that.

How can I restore Windows' belief that SeaMonkey is an email program?

Don't know about this one, Paul. Been some time since I've had any problem with upgrading SM.

Maybe someone else will drop by!

Daniel