On 9/30/10 11:20 AM, Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
> SM 2.0.8 (now) on an MS W7 system.
> How do I stop seamonkey "central" from automatically pushing updates to
> my system?!
> I do want to be able to: check if there are updates available
> for my installed version of SM, and have the ability to then: select,
> download, and at a time of my choosing install the downloaded updates.
> Also I want to be able to read a description of what each of the
> updates changes, especially in sms' behaviour, i.e. the user interface.
>
> It was most disconcerting to have SM suddenly begin installing its'
> 2.0.6 --> 2.0.8 update, especially when the system popped up an alert
> that the update may not have installed correctly and I could/should
> retry the installation.

For SeaMonkey 2.0.x, go to the menu bar and select [Edit > Preferences].
 On the Preferences window, select the + to the left of Advanced under
Category (left side of window).  Under Advanced, select Software
Installation.  On the Software Installation pane, uncheck the checkbox
for "Allow web sites to install extensions and updates".

Note that I also uncheck the checkbox for SeaMonkey under "Automatically
check for updates to".  Instead, I rely on notices in this newsgroup
regarding updates to SeaMonkey itself.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross