On 10/24/2010 1:08 AM PT, Paul typed:

Has anyone seen this happen before? It seems once in a while (very
rare and only seen it twice ever since SeaMonkey (SM) v2.0 final came
out) on my updated, old Windows XP Pro. SP3 PC.

about:cache shows something like this (restarted SM2 from this one):

Memory cache device

Number of entries: 18
Maximum storage size: 24576 KiB
Storage in use: 170 KiB
Inactive storage: 170 KiB

List Cache Entries

Disk cache device

Number of entries: 0
Maximum storage size: 524288 KiB
Storage in use: 589824 KiB
Cache Directory: C:\Documents and Settings\foobar\Local
Settings\Application
Data\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\agif1saa.default\Cache

List Cache Entries

Offline cache device

Number of entries: 0
Maximum storage size: 512000 KiB
Storage in use: 0 KiB
Cache Directory: C:\Documents and Settings\foobar\Local
Settings\Application
Data\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\agif1saa.default\OfflineCache

List Cache Entries

Listing cache entries from disk cache devices for
about:cache?device=disk showed something like this:

Disk cache device

Number of entries: 0
Maximum storage size: 524288 KiB
Storage in use: 589824 KiB
Cache Directory: C:\Documents and Settings\foobar\Local
Settings\Application
Data\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\agif1saa.default\Cache

What happened to my entries? My visitation history looked OK (remember
visited pages up to 8 days and 6,000 pages). I use 512 MB for my disk
cache (I know its limit is 8,192 entries since I have never seen go it
higher).

If I tell SM to clear its disk cache and I surf, then things are back
to normal.

Is this a rare bug? I am not sure how to reproduce it yet. I know it
is very rare and I assume crashes have to be rare. I have not seen
this problem on my old 32-bit Debian/Linux box (don't use its SM2
much) and almost a year old 64-bit W7 HP office PC (SM2 likes to crash
a lot -- seems to be related to Flash). However, they use small cache
sizes (e.g., 150 MB). Is it maybe 512 MB too big? I set it high
because my Internet can be slow. :/ I do download and surf the web a
lot as a net addict. ;) I am going to try 150 MB to see if that still
happens.

Thank you in advance. :)

Do you really need a disk cache?
I have mine set to Zero. None.
Along with cookies erased each session and history set to zero days.

Sure since my Internet connections can be slow like dial-up speeds. :(
--
"Don't be no Ant-Man. An Ant-Man has very low horizons." --Forrest Gump
   /\___/\         Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)