Michael Lueck wrote:
Greetings-

Just today I came to the thought that since moving to TB 3.x is
undesirable, possibly moving from TB 2.x to SM would be a viable choice.
Thus some questions:

1) How does SM do as far as supporting the extensions that TB does? As
for the browser, I was able to install Ad-Block Plus into my SM profile,
and that is as far as I have gone. I mainly install SM to get the
Composer to clean up nasty HTML code and make it pretty.

What extensions do you need? Did you look for the Thunderbird extensions you use in SeaMonkey add-ons? Lightning works,

KompoZer is a better for HTML then Composer.

2) How portable should TB 2.x profiles be headed over to SM?

On Linux under Tools > Import you can select to import all or just select what you want to import from Thunderbird.

3) Any documented steps for doing the migration? I am very comfortable
working at the command line.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_migration_-_SeaMonkey

*) I am asking about this for use on Windows XP and also Linux via the
official Mozilla builds installed via UbuntuZilla.

TIA!

WLS
--
SeaMonkey 2.1b2pre