Joe Rotello wrote:
On 12/7/2010 1:25 AM, support-seamonkey-requ...@lists.mozilla.org
wrote:Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 16:41:52 +1030

From:u...@domain.invalid
To:support-seamonkey@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Playing .wmv files in email

I'm running XP SP3 and SM 2.0.10 and I can't get .wmv (or any videos for
that matter) to open by double clicking on the attachment.
I have to save them to view them.
How can I fix this? Should I install a third party video player or
something?>>

1. Make sure that the XP File Associations are set to play the various
video file formats when properly selected.

2. Strongly consider one of the best OpenSource media players in
existence, VLC Media Player (http://www.videolan.org). VLC works and has
worked superbly with XP, Vista, Win 7 in the various Windows 32bit and
64bit versions.

In many ways, web browsers "love" VLC Media Player. Likewise, in many
ways it solves playing problems for web browsers, and of course for
full-time use as your Windows media player in general.

Joe Rotello
Knoxville, TN

I've installed VLC player including the Mozilla plug-in and still have the same problem. When I double click or right click 'open' on an attached wmv. file, an empty browser window opens and nothing happens other that 'done' appears on the bottom left hand corner. I set the file association for these files by right click open always use this program to open..
Cheers,