NOTE: I am posting this message in both the SeaMonkey and Eudora
newsgroups in the hope that some cognizant persons forward this on to
appropriate people involved with each program's development.

+ + + + + +

The new EudoraOSE v1 is based upon Thunderbird - it adds some Eudora
capabilities to TBird.

I am a regular user of SeaMonkey and am very happy with how SM handles
email addressing - click on the Address icon when in the email editing
window, find & select address books, copy selected addresses into an
address window, edit that window's contents, and then post that
window's contents onto the email message.  (See
http://tinyurl.com/22qhr6n)

(Note that this message address window can be invaluable for
investigating addresses on incoming messages.  Just select Reply All
and all such addresses appear in the window as an uncluttered list -
over a couple dozen addresses can be displayed for easy visual
perusal.)

To me, Thunderbird's handling of email addressing is neither as
intuitive nor versatile, particularly for multiple addresses and when
involving multiple address books. I'm not very experienced with
TBird's email addressing steps so they may be very good for messages
to a small number of addresses and/or from one address book. However,
believing that Eudora users are normally heavier email users, I
recommend that the Eudora developers consider converting to the
SeaMonkey handling of email addressing.

Conversely, would it be practical to add some Eudora unique features
to SeaMonkey?  The only one I am concerned about is the ability to
forward a message without replacing the FROM: address. One of my
clients needs this when monitoring messages before posting in one list
and forwarding to another list - they don't want to lose the original
senders ID.

Note that these recommendations are from a old techno-nerd type.  I
don't know any of the organization, money, or people considerations
involved.

--
 John Windhorst   Minneapolis   john...@comcast.net  952-593-0954