Willard wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 12/19/10 7:45 AM, Willard wrote:
WinXPproSP3
Emoticons such as the following do not show up in my emails:
Smiley   :)
Dduck1   (:V
Dduck2   .V

What is wrong??
The smiley showed as an icon just fine with Thunderbird.  It should also
show in SeaMonkey.  The other two are just not in the repertoire.

For Thunderbird, go to the menu bar and select [Tools>   Options].  On
the Options window, select the Display button and the Formatting tab.
On the Formatting tab, make sure the "Display emoticons as graphics"
checkbox is indeed checked.  I would guess, the process is quite similar
for SeaMonkey's Mail/News.

Apparently, there are only four emoticons in the repertoire:
        :)
        :(
        :|
        :p
It was suggested that someone create an add-on to expand that repertoire.

There use to an emoticons extension that you used  xSideBar. I can't
remember what its name is. It use to use the same emoticon that were use
in the HTML editor
:-)
:-(
:-|
:-<
:-D
:-P

None of the above show in my seamonkey, and I can't find any "Display
emoticons as graphics" box to check??
 Try this:
http://screencast.com/t/kBW5vOAGjo

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net/       mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com