On 12/28/2010 10:19 AM, NoOp wrote:
> On 12/28/2010 07:35 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 12/27/10 10:54 PM, NoOp wrote:
>>>

>>> Now I just have to figure out how to file a bug report with Google...
>>> Only way I've found is to use the "Report a problem" on the Maps page.
>>> I'll try that, but suspect it will go into the Google ether.
>>
>> This is NOT really a solution.  This is merely a workaround.  The
>> problem will not be solved until Google either fixes how its servers
>> sniff or (much better) decides to have Web sites that do not require
>> sniffing.
>
> What's "NOT really a solution"? I know of no other way of reporting the
> problem to Google/Google Maps, do you? And apparently even that is buggy:
>
> <http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/maps/thread?tid=7f0a8ed8f35502b1&hl=en>
>
> I'm not about to sign up for their forums, for their email, or for their
> services to report this. Be my guest if you'd like to do this.
>

>> When you report the problem to Google, provide a link to my bug #621619
>
> Did that in the 'Report a problem' yesterday.
>
>> and to the "Gecko is Gecko" page at
>> <http://wiki.mozilla.org/User:Sardisson/Gecko_is_Gecko>.
>>

> I did that as well.

Nevermind. Sorted out that you were trying to say that the workaround
isn't really the solution. The purpose of tagging [Solved] was to let
others know:

1. The reason for the problem was found (thanks),
2. It's not a SeaMonkey issue,
3. A workaround is available.

IMO this is solved with regard to SeaMonkey. In other words, there
really isn't anything that SeaMonkey can do about it.

I agree that the overall issue won't be "solved" until Google fixes
their side, but good luck with that. Trying to get Google to fix their
side is like trying to use a kayak to turn an aircraft carrier into the
wind...