Chris Ilias wrote:
On 11-01-16 3:14 PM, Rufus wrote:
Philip Chee wrote:
On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 23:06:51 -0800, Rufus wrote:

So how hard is it? How many lines of code? Or portions of code? Or
percentage of code? I seriously want to know...

It ranges to very very difficult to essentially impossible. A lot of our
front end UI code is written in Javascript itself and depend on language
quirks and extensions only available in Spidermonkey. New language
features tend to appear first in Spidermonkey (Brendan works for Mozilla
after all and he invented Javascript).

Thanks. That's the sort of answer I was asking for...sounds like it
would require a near total rewrite. Bummer...

Not only that. You wouldn't really be getting a mobile version of
SeaMonkey; you'd be getting Safari with a different skin.

Other than the suite that SM is and the browser only that Safari is...that's my biggest kick against Safari and Mail.app - they're not integrated, and Mail.app has no usenet newsreader. I'd welcome the full functionality of SM - just as it functions now, from a user interface standpoint - on an iPad. If I could get it...I'd be getting much more than "Safari with a SM skin" if it could be ported in total.

...perchance to dream.

--
     - Rufus