On 1/22/2011 2:27 AM, Daniel wrote:
> JJG wrote:
>> If I just click on a newsgroup subscription, it opens to show the
>> messages in it. However, if I inadvertently double click it, U get an
>> entirely new window of Seamonkey. Is that normal?
>>
>> Thank you.
>
> As I understand it, yes, this is normal (at least for me). I'm guessing
> by double clicking, you are, in effect, indicating that you want to
> reply to the message (that you hadn't read yet!!).
>
> Daniel

The OP is talking about double-clicking on the news group. When you
double-click on the news group, it does the first action in its context
menu: Open in new Mail window.

There are times when my mouse (I assume it is my mouse) click results
in an inadvertent double-click and I get a new Mail/News window. Unfortunately,
it is the same size and in the same location as the previous one, so it's
not obvious that this has happened until I notice all the application icon/
buttons on the Windows task bar.