M wrote:
PhillipJones wrote:
Rufus wrote:
M wrote:
PhillipJones wrote:
M wrote:
PhillipJones wrote:
I use a Mac and SeaMonkey (latest version)
on my machine I just stopped using used X.4.11 And SeaMonkey.

I was able to play wma/wmv files through a Plugin called Flip4Mac
that
would allow QuickTime plugin to play WMA/WMV files. Now that I am
using
a MacBook Pro (Intel Processor) It doesn't allow playing of WMV/WMA
files with browser I need to add the file type to the browsers. and
set
to use QuickTime plugin.

what's the proper format for adding file type for wma and wmv

Phillip, open System Preferences and click on Flip4Mac and that will
allow you to set your browser preferences for Flip4Mac/Quicktime

Margaret
Nope I get t his when I tell it to use QuickTime.

http://www.screencast.com/t/SHdVNM7E

Leave 'launch Quicktime player' *unchecked* in the browser section

I use Flip4Mac successfully on both desktop iMac and MacBook Pro

Margaret

Me too.

Tried both way no difference.

In that case I would uninstall Flip4Mac restart computer and download
latest version 2.3.8.1 Once installed try again leaving preferences as is.

Margaret

Which Quicktime plugin is your SM installation using? I've got QT 7.6.6 installed, and all mime types using that as a Helper and all is well - Flip4Mac is translating for 7.6.6 and not QT X, I might guess.

In fact after a look - the Flip4Mac site states that "QuickTime X does not support conversion using third-party plugins".

Try installing both versions of QT (X and 7) if you haven't done so.

--
     - Rufus