Daniel wrote:
Stereotactic wrote:
I used Seamonkey without installation in Ubuntu 10.10.

It has seen a huge performance gain as far as the web page rendering is
concerned; brilliant work. I think it is the Gecko engine which is at
work.

The email composition and the address book are insanely feature rich; a
huge welcome improvement. It offers to import everything from existing
Thunderbird installation- a welcome step indeed.

However, it doesn't offer a "coherent" experience as that of Opera.
Mail/Address book needs to be integrated as a separate tab process
instead of a window as it is currently being done. I really don't know
the rationale behind the different windows but it is then something
similar to Firefox+Thunderbird.

AAs I understand it, the volunteers working on SeaMonkey a in the
process of making thie mail & Newsgroup screen become a tab in the
browser but not quite there yet.

Daniel

That will be nice for use on a laptop!

--