Arne wrote:
Larry wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Larry wrote:

Spell check occasionally freezes, in no predictable way, and has
done so
(I seem to recall)since 2.0.11. There is no option except to kill SM
using Task Manager. Sometimes there's a Draft copy, moatly not. So, now
I have to File As Draft every composed mail message with more than a
short sentence or so to avoid randomly losing it.

XP SP2, SM 2.0.13.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Can't address your spell-check issue, but if you want to force-close SM
with Task Manager, it's generally much quicker (instantaneous) to kill
the process ("Processes" tab) and not the application ("Applications"
tab). In either case, you'll lose your draft unless you have SM set to
autosave drafts and you've been at it for at least five minutes.

If you don't /want/ to kill SM, that's an entirely different story.

Belatedly realize that I don't know how to find or set up the autosave
feature. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Preferences > Mail & Newsgroups > Composition

Oh, boy! Old eyes . . . Looked right past it, and Preferences are where I always look for answers to questions like this. Embarrassing. Now I see that it's already checked. Never looked to see if it was happening. Now I know. Thank you, Arne!