go-arts wrote:
Mac OS X:
Till now I found Seamonkey - Mozilla very efficient. I do not use
Firefiox because you are obliged to use control-key for opening the
mouse-click-pop-up-menu (mouse-click-pop-up-menu: you keep the left
mouse-button pressed anywhere on a location like links until the menu
opens. You can do this in Seamonkey with one hand like you could do
since more than ten years in Netscape, Mozilla etc. and work with one
hand only. Very efficient!).

I could so choose "open the link in tab" or "open the link in new
window" by only movin to the line and releasing the mouse-button.
Now, since Version 2.1, I am forced to click again on the line in the
mouse-click-menu which forces me do do the double of clicks than
before.
My arm is already suffering by these inefficient reflexes.

Is there any means to get back the old quick and efficient feature?

P.S.: I DO NOT appreciate to change such features without asking the
users oder installing the old alternative! This concerns many people
who are depending on their work-flow every day in thousands of
movements and clicks!
I bought the Kensington track-balls to be protected against problems.
Now Seamonkey 2.1 brings me these problems back!

Greetings

I never use any feature what needs a "middle click"...just seems flat silly to me too.

What I used to do when I used a Kensington trackball was just set up the two lower buttons for click and cntrl+click - which gets you a left and right click, Windoze-style. I find I can do anything I need to do from a contextual menu with a right click and didn't have to fool around with any of the middle-click junk.

Now I use a Magic Trackpad and do the same by two-finger tap. Doing so on a link gives me the contextual menu, and I can just choose "open in new tab" from there.

--
     - Rufus