Robert Kaiser wrote:
Rufus schrieb:
Ok. So I recently discovered and am booting my Macbook Pro in 64 bit
kernel mode, and was expecting to see an option to launch SM 2.0.14 in
either 32 bit or 64 bit mode, or that SM 2.0.14 would be 32 bit mode by
default. Or only. No option for 32/64 bit mode launch is in the Get Info
window like with the 2.1 beta.

Correct. 2.0.* builds are 32bit mode only on Intel (but still support
PPC as well), while 2.1 builds support both 32bit and 64bit modes on
Intel (but no PPC any more).

Robert Kaiser

What's a bit odd about this site is that it thinks SM is in 64 bit mode, or it's sniffing the mode wrong.

I went back an tried it with Safari - MacBook Pro booted in 64 bit kernel; with Safari launched in default 64 bit mode the video stream did not play and I got the "must be launched in 32 bit mode" error from the site; with Safari launched in 32 bit mode the video stream did play, even under 64 bit machine boot.

One more sniffing problem to be aware of, I guess...but I'm sort of surprised at/by this.

--
     - Rufus