On 6/14/11 10:56 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>> When I view ASCII text Web pages that have no explicit line breaks in
>> the SeaMonkey browser, the pages are displayed without wrapping.  Is
>> there a way to get wrapping?
>>
>> An example is at<http://rossde.com/test/Wrap_test.txt>, which my
>> service's Web server delivers as text/plain.
>>
>> Apparently, this is NOT a new problem.  I see the same results with SM
>> 2.0.14 and SM 2.1.
>>

> Phil Chee's suggestion in the other thread does work.  In
> userContent.css put:
>
> pre {
>    white-space: pre-wrap !important;
> }
>
> No need for yet another extension.

The problem is that setting something in userContent.css will then
affect ALL text Web pages.  That can disrupt a page that was formatted
for a fixed display the same way that <pre> elements on an HTML Web page
can be used for formatting.

The extension allows me to choose which pages will be wrapped.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.