On 6/22/11 10:19 AM, sean nathan bean wrote:
> MCBastos wrote:
>> Interviewed by CNN on 22/06/2011 01:36, sean nathan bean told the world:
>>> wondering how this will work to get http://www.fbpurity.com/ working in
>>> seamonkey...
>>
>> Not at all. Advertising Firefox compatibility only helps to get dumb
>> browser-sniffing webpages to load correctly. Extension compatibility is
>> an entirely different subject.
>
> t'was afraid of that.. nightly tester tools works differently now...
> allowed installation of jslib and tagzilla, but not quote colors
> norfbpurity...
>
> oh well... any pointers on addon/extension compatibility?
>
> sean

For extensions (XPI files), see my reply earlier today in this newsgroup
under the subject "Can't download to install SM2.0 extensions on a
clean/new installed SM2.1?"  Note that this will not always work because
some XPI files resist editing.

I believe the compatibility of plugins (DLL files) rests primarily with
the version of your operating system and only slightly with the version
of your browser.  I would be surprised if many plugins even check the
version of your browser.  However, they often do check the brand (e.g.,
IE, Chome, Firefox, SeaMonkey).

The difference arises from the fact that Add-ons Manager -- a component
of Firefox, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird, etc -- handles the installation of
extensions while your operating system handles the installation of
plugins.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.