Gerald Ross wrote:
Jay Garcia wrote:
On 11.07.2011 07:34, JohnQPublic wrote:

--- Original Message ---

Sorry to say it, but the tabs in SeaMonkey 2.2 browser just aren't up to
snuff...

The active tab needs to be highlighted with a different color, so
it's easy
to see. Firefox accomplishes this by making the active tab lighter,
which
works fine. If there's any difference in SeaMonkey, I can't see it
with my
CRT monitor. I realize that LCD monitors render grayscales better, but
SeaMonkey should take that into consideration. I've looked through the
settings and can't find any way to fix this, so presume it's
built-in(?).

Apparently the only way to close a tab in SeaMonkey with the mouse is to
click the little x at the rightside of the tab bar, but it's too
small to
hit easily& quickly with the mouse pointer. Also that's much less
satisfactory than having an x on each tab. Without an x on each tab,
it's
necessary to first select a tab then click the x. Very cumbersome. Or
am I
overlooking something obvious as a newbie? Yes, I'm aware of the
keyboard
shortcuts affecting tabs, but I normally use a mouse for these
operations.

Add to your userChrome.css:

.tabbrowser-tab[selected="true"]> hbox,
.tabbrowser-tab[selected="true"]> .tab-close-button {
background-color: #000088 !important;
color: #fff !important;
}
.tabbrowser-tab[selected="true"]:hover> hbox,
.tabbrowser-tab[selected="true"]:hover> .tab-close-button {
background-color: #0000BB !important;
color: #fff !important;
}

This will hilite the active tab to blue. Dunno about making the X any
larger.

I tried this on 2.0.14 and it works a treat!
It's nice to have experts around. Thanks Jay!

I found that with 2.0.14 I simply couldn't stand the new Default theme - lasted about 2 days with it; changed it to SM Modern and have been as happy (as I can be) ever since...

...tiny buttons in the download dialog withstanding.

--
     - Rufus