MCBastos wrote:
Interviewed by CNN on 16/08/2011 00:08, PhillipJones told the world:
Tom S. wrote:
Hi all,
Why does SeaMonkey have problems with filling out online job application
forms nearly all of the time? I almost always have to switch the
rendering engine (IE) to show the form correctly and submit the
information. The forms on most jobs websites will not work with
SeaMonkey. It becomes very frustrating, trying to fill out these forms
and they just won't work right.

Is there some sort of conspiracy to force people to use IE, in order to
fill out these forms? Or is there something wrong with SeaMonkey and the
way it shows them?

Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20110706
Firefox/5.0 SeaMonkey/2.2

Blame Adobe on that one. they use to have the adobe PDF viewer Plugin.
Problem is when Mac went to OSX and came out Safari,they made the
plug-in available for Web-kit, not Gecko. and despite protest from
myself and thousands of other that don't use Safari. All adobe does is
give us gecko product users the one finger salute.

Supposedly Mozilla is working on built in code to display PDF natively.
I'm hoping if they do so they add support for filling out forms. That's
one of the main things you need view PDF online for anyway.

When we were using OS9 (c++, objective-C) The adobe Plugin worked for
Mac as well as PC And the electronics Association I was part of built
PDF online forms, for use with the association.

Since the OP is using Windows XP, I don't think this explanation applies
in this exact form. Adobe does keep supplying plugins for non-IE
browsers in Windows.

With that said, however... it IS possible that the OP is missing the
Adobe Reader plugin in Seamonkey -- the installer for Adobe Reader
detects Firefox (and, I think, Opera) automatically, but not Seamonkey
or other less-common browsers.

A couple months ago I gave somebody instructions to manually install
this plugin, but it was for Vista/Win7... let me see if I can adapt it
to XP...

...yes, here it is:

Just copy nppdf32.dll from:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\Browser\

to your Seamonkey plugins browser (usually C:\Program
Files\SeaMonkey\plugins )

On Mac Internet Plugins are installed in a Directory in Main Library > Internet Plugins and applies to all web Browsers

works with SM, FF, Camino, Aurora, OmniWeb, Opera, iCab, and Safari at least it supposed to.

However, Adobe has decided not to support Gecko on Mac. Now Web-kit Safari and others works fine.

To use PDF, on Gecko I have to use a Plugin called PDFBrowser Plugin by Schubert of Germany. Problem is it doesn't do FDF and it doesn't do Forms.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com