Frog wrote:
Background: I once owned a HP Deskjet 5550 printer. This printer has
long since been removed from my system (taken in for recycle). I now
have a HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus printer connected to my system.

About me: I want you to understand that I have never made a change of
any type in about:config (I don't know enough about this area of my
computer to feel safe in making any changes). Today, however, was my
first visit to about:config. I was reading messages in this news group
and an about:config reference was made in one of the messages...that is
why I decided to pay a visit to this thing called about:config. While
there, I observed 39 individual lines starting with the following:

print.printer_hp_deskjet_5550_series.print_...etc....

Now my question: Should I remove these entries? If so, how do I make
this happen?

Windows XP Pro SP3//SeaMonkey 2.3

My suggestion is if the entry in about:config to the HP DEskjet 5550 is not causing a known problem (i.e. interfering with printing to the HP Officejet or another error) then I would not worry about removing the entries. My thinking is that unless there is a problem with the entries, ignore them. There is no need to remove them unless you know of a problem the entry is causing.