Neil Winchurst wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Neil Winchurst wrote:

I have now tested sending an email with an attachment only, no
text. Same error. As long as there is no attachment I can forward
emails successfully. It is obviously the attachments which cause
the problem.

FWIW, I've forwarded hundreds of messages over the years, both
inline and as attachments, both with and without attached files,
and never had a complaint from any provider. As noted elsewhere in
this thread, it's not you, and it's not SeaMonkey, it's your
provider.

Glad you found a workaround to bypass their stupidity.

Well, I would go along with that but for one thing. I also have
Thunderbird set up and that just worked. Obviously the same provider
etc for both.

Are you able to forward messages as attachments from Tbird? Or do you now have both set to forward inline? If both are crippled, that's not a solution, it's a workaround.

And to get it to work in SM I had to change a preference. I did not
need to do anything about the provider. I did not need to do anything
in Tbird.

All very puzzling, but as it now works as required I am happy.

What are your connection security settings in the two programs? Sometimes ISPs can treat you differently according to whether they trust you a lot or a little. And different ISPs have different preferences/requirements as to connection security.

Edit | Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings | Server Settings | Security Settings:

Connection security: ...

Authentication method: ...

Paul B. Gallagher