Marilyn G wrote:
I went to the addons page. I clicked on the line to check for updates.
It sent me to a mozilla firefox page that shows my addons and which
ones need to be updated. I click on the first one for Quicktime. It
sends me to a Quicktime page. I click the download button, it starts
to download. At the end I get that it failed and this message.

C:\DOCUME~1\Marilyn\LOCALS~1\Temp\QuickTimeInstaller-4.exe could not
be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist.
Change the association in your preferences.

This is not the only program that will not open. I also have a coupon
printer that gets the same message, as well as adobe and many of the
other addons. Someone explain to me what the associated helper
application is and where do I find it.

Marilyn
By any chance are you using a Mac?

exe files are windows files.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com