Hi everyone,

 I am new to this newsgroup, so please be patient with me, inittially.
;)
 My question has been asked several times in other forums and mailing
lists, as it seems, certainly, but a quick web research didn't give any
useful answers within the last 12 or 14 months. Of course, should have
overlooked something, could you, please, point me to the relevant
stuff?

 Are there plans, that Seamonkey Mail will support other mail storage
formats than mbox? Examples would be mh or maildir.

 Seamonkey is such a powerful and modern suite of tools and
applications, that it's hard to understand and accept, that only mbox
is supported, as of now. I have had trouble with the index files needed
to resemble pseudo-hierarchies of mail folders, and maybe other things.
Also, incremental backups take much more time than justified, because
if one message changes or is added to the mbox file, the file is
considered new, and backed up completely every time. Finally, Seamonkey
Mail slows down, when the mbox files grow (I admit: files must be REAL
big, before the speed penalty becomes evident).

 So I think, support for more modern mail formats  would definitely
have significant benefits for many of us.