Alex Baer wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:

Sun, 11 Sep 2011 10:46:47 +0200, /Alex Baer/:

Then I copied some mails into the new folders, and found that I can't
copy
anything into folder four. It is displayed in the hierarchy on the left
pane, but the menu function "copy to" only works down to level three.
One might argue, that it usually is more than enough to have three
levels of hierarchy in the folder tree, but nevertheless this is not
consistent.

Doesn't appear related to the exact sub-folder level. I can copy
messages to the new sub-folders by drag-n-drop and then they appear in
the sub-menu structure of the Copy To context menu item. They don't
appear in the Copy To context menu structure immediately after I create
them, but they do appear immediately in the Copy To menu structure when
accessed through the Message menu on the menu bar. Appears like a bug -
may be reported already in Bugzilla?

I created a folder hierarchy \test\one\two\three\four\five under the
root of one of my accounts.

I was able to drag and drop messages to all six folders without
difficulty or delay. I also tested the menu option Message | Copy To...
and had no difficulty, though I found it extremely cumbersome to
navigate through all the subsubsubsubsubsubpulldown menus.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20110706 Firefox/5.0
SeaMonkey/2.2

Yes, drag'n'drop works. I was referring to the Copy To function in the pop-
up menu. I've rechecked that, and you are right: Now the bottom level with
the sub-folder 'four' is there, indeed. But it obviously takes Seamonkey a
while to synchronize the menu with the folder tree.

But in principle it works, obviously. I still find it a bit puzzling, that
there is no real folder for the lowest level, but only an mbox and an index
file, instead. Apart from that, it seems that I have been mis-informed in
several respects.

I apologise, as my intent was never to cause confusion. As it turns out, I
am the only one, who was confused. ;) So thank you guys, for your valuable
time, and clearing these things up --- much appreciated!

You almost convinced me to return to Seamonkey... ;), if not two little
snags I found in Lightning finally prevent me from switching, but that's a
different story.

Alex

while we are on subject of Mozilla Mbox.

I have a major irritation with Adobe Acrobat for years.

I can't use any Mozilla Products such as SM or TB email PDF. Only thing allowed is Apple mail, MailSmith, and Eudora.

When SM or TB for that matter is choose a message comes up Acrobat doesn't know how to talk to chosen email Client. When I've asked over the years I am told Acrobat only accepts Mbox email Clients.

Is this of a case where once again Adobe is giving users of certain products the one finger salute. Or is there a difference between Mail's implementation of MBox and Mozilla's implementation.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com