Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
In the past several weeks I have been seeing some SPAM messages
advertising a financial website. All of the original posts have been
about 3 lines long. (Some of the follow up discussion posts have been
longer)

You could exercise your filters and make them disappear.

From   contains   mozilla-xp.com

Delete Message

But in the past couple of days I have seen several 3 line messages
that are completely blank, No content and not even a header, if I try
^u to list the message source.
Are these messages that have been removed by the moderator, who for
some reason did not completely clean up after removing the article?

The moderator has stated he was looking for a way to auto-remove them from the news server. Perhaps he is halfway finished and you are seeing Headers only.

--
   -bts