Ray_Net wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
[bigsnip]
Frog wrote:
I am trying to make a .GIF signature file that can be attached to a
message---like I can attach a piece of clip art to a message.

Do a plain-text signature.

Why we cannot use a beautiful signature ?

If you use it in business because your company requires it, okay. At least try to keep down the bytesize.

I was at work using Outlook, and *all* our signatures were we have all
our details, phone number, position, plus the logo of our company - all
of that very nice. Nobody have complained about it.

If it was company policy, who would complain? And who do you know who actually *reads* all those space-robbing signatures?

Here's a case I have to deal with: one of the web sites I maintain is for a local business. Frequently, two of the employees will collaborate on some new content - not by sitting down across a desk, but by sending emails to each other, fifteen feet away from each other. With each email, they add their own sig graphic, around 40KB each (and they both top-post).

Finally, they agree on the content and one of them sends it all to me, and I get a huge email with a half-dozen or more copies of the worked-on content, and all these graphics because none of them is smart enough to *trim* off extraneous crap. I get an email of a few paragraphs of business, maybe a few kilobytes, and a waste with 250 MORE kilobytes of signature graphics.

If the receiver want to stay in the past allowing only plain text, this
is his choice - We don't care ... he should live in the present.

I'm living in the present and read all mail in Plain Text. You're right, it's my choice. I don't care what you do, but at least give your recipients a break. A couple of lines in HTML with a nice font should suffice.

And be sure to delimit it with the proper sig delimiter, as shown next, two hyphens followed by a space on a single line (though that rarely works with HTML email):

--
   -bts