Dustbin wrote:
I have been wondering what protocol is used to return the info in a web
form. E.g. the mailto: protocol. I take it this is not SMTP. But is it
HTTP; is it FTP; is it...?

TIA

D.
An interesting collection of answers though clearly many thought I wanted to write the web page or I was defining the server behaviour.

I was concerned for the security of my information being entered in a web form and how readable it might be as it returns to the server. Of course, any plain text format would be readable but some protocols are more likely to be targeted than others. E.g. I think SMTP is more likely to have probes looking for useful info than message data being sent back as HTML using HTTP.

Thanks everyone.

D.