NoOp wrote:

Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20111122
Firefox/8.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.5

I'm stumped. I am trying to find the database or script that contains
the Composer URL history. I'm refering the the:

editor.history_title_1
editor.history_url_0
etc.

in about:config.

I remove the entries from prefs.js and they just load back up and
reappear in prefs.js. Obviously I can reset them in about:config
manually and then set editor.history.url_maximum to zero so it doesn't
happen again (either in about:config or
'Edit|Preferences|Composer|Maximum number of pages listed:'. But I'd
like to find the database etc that is reloading these into prefs.js (and
hence in about:config) so that I can figure out how to clear the history
either on shutdown or via a prefbar modification.

NoOp, after you remove the entries, you are closing SM so that the updated prefs.js is written to disc, aren't you??

--
Daniel