WLS wrote:
On 12/02/2011 09:27 AM, Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
SM 2.5  on a Win7 Ultimate system.

I tried the instructions given in Help for finding a bookmark in my
saved bookmarks however I don't have a 'search bookmarks' option on the
'tools'
drop down menu under manage bookmarks ???

I arrived at my SM 2.5 configuration via pushed (auto) updates from
SeaMonkey
org starting at about 2.1.

Bookmarks>  Manage Bookmarks, the Search Bookmarks bar is at the far right

And Philip TAYLOR wrote:
> What appears top-right in your "Manage Bookmarks" window, Rostyk ?

I have an unlabeled (except for the little magnifying glass icon/glyph) input
box.
But that is not what is described in the 'Help' manual when I search for
'searching bookmarks'  which is:
==================
To search the bookmarks list:

1.  Open the Bookmarks menu and choose Manage Bookmarks.
2.   In your Bookmarks window, open the Tools menu and choose Search
    Bookmarks. You see the Find Bookmarks dialog box.
3.  In the drop-down lists, choose options to define your search, and then
    click Find. Bookmarks that match your search criteria are displayed. Choose
    from the following Search options:

      Choose "contains," "starts with," or "ends with" if you know only
        part of the word or phrase for which you're searching.
      Choose "is" if you know exactly what you're searching for.
      Choose "is not" or "doesn't contain" to exclude pages.
      Click the fill-in field and type all or part of name or URL
        (web address) for the bookmarks or history listings that you want to
        find or exclude.
      Select Save query in bookmarks to save this search for
        later use.

4.  Double-click a bookmark in the list to go to that page.
 2. doesn't have a 'Search Bookmarks' menu choice,
and of course there isn't a Find Bookmarks dialog box.

--
Rostyk