On 12/5/2011 11:10 AM PT, Paul B. Gallagher typed:

The user asked how to remove the< and> so maybe he has a
particular reason other than conforming to line length and RFC's,
etc. Maybe we should listen to what he has to say first and then we
may be able to proceed accordingly, still keeping in mind that the
suggestions are actually appropriate, etc.

I think Ant already did list a reason. :-)

" I find them annoying. :( "

His annoyance must be happening during forwarding, since if it was an
original email, he simply wouldn't type them. He might also mean he
doesn't want to see them while reading a received email. If that's the
case, there's no way to remove them as the cutting of "<" would ruin any
HTML message.

Well, if he's sending in HTML, the brackets (and other tags) need not be
displayed. They're only useful in plain-text messages.

Yes, I use plain texts. I don't need fancy graphics, colors, etc. :)
--
"The world flatters the elephant and tramples on the ant." --Indian