Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
User wrote:
The newly released SM 2.60 web browser appears to be no longer compatible
with Yahoo web mail's integrated Yahoo web messenger and SMS windows.
Whenever these functions are initiated, or a Yahoo web messenger message
or SMS message is received, the message window does not pop up or appear
even though the loading bar appears to indicate that the windows are

I just upgraded from SM 2.5 from a clean uninstall and then a full install
of SM 2.6. Unfortunately, will have to go back to SM 2.5 for now. Would be
interested to hearing from anyone who uses Yahoo web mail to test out the
IM and SMS functions windows.

My ISP is Bellsouth/ATT and mail is from
http://us.mg203.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch?.partner=sbc&.gx=1&.rand=0r377bnsncfsj

 i.e. YAHOO

I have been on SM 2.5 already for a several weeks. All of a sudden a couple
of days ago, when I logged in to YAHOO webmail, I received a message that my
mail client/browser was not supported ... and did I want to go back to mail
classic or to continue to the "new, webmail"? I chose to continue with the
new webmail! When I went to YAHOO webmail again subsequently, I was
immediately connected to the new webmail. As I do not use their other
products, either web messenger or SMS windows I can offer no specific
feedback on your problem. However there was some YAHOO change which affected
already SM 2.5. So it doesn't seem to be due to a change in 2.6.

The AT&T branded Yahoo web mail is not using the latest (i.e. 3rd generation) of
Yahoo web mail. It allows you to use either classic (1st generation) or you can
upgrade to the "new" AT&T/Yahoo web mail which is only the 2nd generation web
mail. In the 2nd generation web mail, Yahoo Messenger IMs and SMSs are displayed
in simulated TABS. If you have this, then you do not have the 3rd generation
Yahoo web mail that uses simulated windows (that are moveable and resizeable)
which experiences problems with SM 2.6.

AT&T/Yahoo web mail will say that SM 2.5 is not compatible with the upgraded
newer (i.e. 2nd generation) of Yahoo web mail. However, that message can be
ignored and you can upgrade to the "new" (2nd generation) Yahoo web mail and SM
will work normally. And this is what happened in your case. I know another user
that went through the same thing and when I ignored that message, I upgraded
them to AT&T/Yahoo's "newer" web mail (which is 2nd generation and in fact
actually old).