Mine is just the opposite I get mail no problem but newsgroups keep
giving the the password thing.  Finally I got a tip to change the
port and for a day or so OK then again and put it back to the default
and again all worked well.  The next time it happened I changed port
and back again and it worked great.  Don't understand why or what but
as long as it works.  SM 26.1 on Windows Vista vers 6

John wrote:
 From sio...@mypostoffice.co.uk

13/1/12><13:55.GMT

I have the same problem, except that the error message just reads
"Sending of password did not suceed" I've tried deleting all .msf files
but it makes no difference. I have not been able to read e-mails for a
week and am getting desperate but Newsgroups is OK. Can someomne out
there help me to sort this out?