My bloviated meandering follows what Philip Chee graced us with on 1/22/2012 8:11 PM:

[snip /]

There is no such thing as old/new RDF format. These two are identical as
far as RDF is concerned. RDF is a directed graph. The problem is that
there are an infinite number of ways a RDF graph can be serialized out
to disk. The first version listed above is probably written out by the
Gecko RDF serializer (the code of which is old crufty). The second
version listed above was created manually by someone typing it in with a
text editor. When both versions are read into memory and de-serialized,
the internal representation in RAM is the same.

Okay, but as my last post indicates, I simply took the values from the BetterPrivacy crufty RDF file and added them using the new format then replaced the install.rdf file in the XPI file and it installed splendidly.

Dunno?

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Netscape/Mozilla Tips: http://www.ufaq.org/ , http://ilias.ca/