Interviewed by CNN on 07/02/2012 08:17, Daniel told the world:
> Yesterday, after upgrading to SM 2.7, I had a look at the Add-On Manager
> and it showed my ten Add-Ons had all been disabled. (I think this
> situation may have applied since SM 2.5, but I did nothing)
>
> No great problem!! Just click on the "Enable" tab and, apparently, I'm
> hot-to-trot, even though, on the "Compatibility" drop down, it shows
> "This add-on no longer works".

OK. This drop-down is a way for *YOU* to *REPORT* if an add-on no longer
works as it should. So, the mere fact of it having the option, does not
mean that the option is *active*, unless you choose to make it so.

> What do I need to do to really get my Add-Ons working??

In most cases, just update the add-on. Some add-ons are no longer
maintained by their authors, however, and they are no longer compatible.

> Add-Ons (Extensions):- AdBlock Plus 2.0.3, *Add-on Compatibility
> Reporter 1.0.3*, Chatzilla 0.9.88, CheckPlaces 2.6.1, DOM Inspector
> 2.0.10, English (Australian) Dictionary 2.1.2, Ghostery 2.7.1,
> JavaScript Debugger 0.9.88.2, BeeFree 0.2.1.19 (disabled), Display mail
> route 0.3.1 (disabled)

> (Even though the Add-ons Manager lists Display mail route as disabled, I
> still get flags when reading mail/News and Ghostery is showing as "This
> add-on no longer works" but I can de-activate "links" on pages, and I
> use Chatzilla almost daily, are these Add-Ons really working or disabled??)

Since you have the Add-on Compatibility Reporter, your older add-ons may
still work even if they are listed as "not compatible." You may try
clicking on the "Enable" button for add-ons currently listed as "disabled."

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

-=-=-