Normally I use google (http://google.com) with cookies turned off. This
afternoon I noticed that no goole links work unless I enable cookies.
However, if I do the same with Firefox 10.0, the links still work. Is
anyone else experiencing the same?

Additional things I've tried:
o switched profiles to a clean test profile
o restarted with add-ons disabled

Steps to reproduce:
1. Ensure that all cookies are turned off (using prefbar or
Edit|Preferences|Privacy & Security|Cookies.

2. Clear all private data (Tools|Clear Private Data) with the exception
of saved passwords.

3. Go to http://www.google.com and enter 'test' in the search box.
Search & click on any link that comes up. See if you are able to view
that link.

4. Go to http://www.google.com and enter 'test' in the search box. Now
right click a link and select either open in a new tab or window. See if
you actually see the linked-to webpage.

On 4 I get something similar to:
<http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=test&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftest.com%2F&ei=kMkxT4uNGYuGiQLu2oDTCg&usg=AFQjCNFOu11ntRBzX7MsPNhB_fDzErp8qg>

And, if I copy & paste that exact URL into Firefox 10.0, I get the
website of test.com. Also, if I turn cookies back on and accept a cookie
from google.com, the links et al work.
[Note: I've nothing to do with test.com, I just used that link as an
example.]

Using the above, I am able to search, link, etc., on yahoo.com etc.,
without issue. It is only google.com, and only since a few hours ago
that this started.

Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:10.0) Gecko/20120129
Firefox/10.0 SeaMonkey/2.7
but experiencing the exact same issue on a completely different machine
with the 64bit version of SM 2.7 (final) and working Firefox 10.0.