Jim Dell wrote:
Have a minor issue I would like to resolve if possible.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit with SeaMonkey 2.7 and MS Outlook 2003 as
my default e-mail client, which I want to keep as default.

When clicking on a web link send e-mail, SeaMonkey pops up the
composer window which is okay. The problem is I have several e-mail
addresses because of different news group servers I use and I always
need to click the down arrow in the from box to use the one I have the
smtp server set to. How can I make that e-mail address be the default
and the first one listed for SeaMonkey without messing up my Outlook
client?

Jim

I know that it is working as designed to have SeaMonkey ignore the default mail program setting and use its internal mail client for mailto: links but I personally never thought that was correct behavior. Even Microsoft honors the default mail program and if I have SeaMonkey set as the default mail program mailto: links in IE open the SeaMonkey mail composer. It's not a problem for me because I use SeaMonkey as my mail client, but I think programs should honor a users defaults, but that's just me and not the developers.

In any case if you want to use Outlook as your mail client I would have SeaMonkey use it for mail links.....assuming this still works in the latest version.....and I haven't tested it.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Mozilla_Suite_:_Issues_:_Integration

 * type about:config in the browser's Location Bar.
* Right-click (control click on Mac OS) in the grid and choose New -> Boolean. * Type network.protocol-handler.external.mailto for the name and true for the value.

Jim