Ok guys, I need your help.

I have been hearing over the past few releases a few reports about application.ini being missing.

Anyone who has experienced this recently can you please point me at a update.log (last-update.log) etc. from when it happened.

I need that log to help diagnose why, since I have never hit it, nor do I know of any other developer who has.

That said, I just landed a patch on trunk today that should alleviate much of this problem (by doing something pretty different), it may not fix this bug if it is just manifesting as application.ini and affects other parts. It is also too risky of a change for any branch, so I'd want to get a simpler fix in for 2.8 and 2.9

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)