Jim Taylor wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
What's up with this? Our fault or theirs?

Whenever I visit http://www.nhl.com, the site hangs, and SeaMonkey
complains about the script
<http://cdn.nhle.com/nhl/js/_icev3-plugins.min.js?v=5.18:18>. I can
never view the site if I tell it to continue; I can only recover by
telling it to halt the script.

That page loads for me without error. SeaMonkey 2.6.2 on 64Bit Windows 7
- Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0.2)
Gecko/20120216 Firefox/10.0.2 SeaMonkey/2.7.2

However; unless you mistyped that link in your post they have changed
it. It does not have the :18 on the end of the v=5.18. Here is the way
it is not:

"http://cdn.nhle.com/nhl/js/_icev3-plugins.min.js?v=5.18";

Presumably you mean "the way it is NOW"...

I didn't retype the link, I copy/pasted it from the error message. And it's still there -- I just visited the page a second ago. This time I just left the page with the open dialog for 10 minutes as I was composing this message, and when I returned, there was no change in state. Answering "Continue" had the same effect as before -- SM thought for a moment, then repeated its complaint.

To clarify my "hang" -- the page continues to load, but the complaint about the script pops up every few seconds, and the only effective way to dismiss it is to answer "Stop script." So I can't view the content, I can't scroll up or down, I can't navigate to a different page because the error message is monopolizing focus and absolutely demanding 100% of my attention. Somewhere in the background is a site that I can't get to unless I dismiss the error message.

I /don't/ mean to say that SM becomes inoperative. I can still process email, and if I launch another browser tab or window, those perform normally. I /do/ mean to say that this browser tab/window locks up.

David E. Ross wrote:

I do not see your problem. Is it possible you have a bad plugin or
extension?

How would I know? The rest of the web doesn't do this.

Enabled plugins:

Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U30
    File: npjp2.dll
    Version: 6.0.300.12
    Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_30 for Mozilla browsers

Java Deployment Toolkit 6.0.300.12
    File: npdeployJava1.dll
    Version: 6.0.300.12
    NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy

Silverlight Plug-In
    File: npctrl.dll
    Version: 4.1.10111.0
    4.1.10111.0

Adobe Acrobat
    File: nppdf32.dll
    Version: 10.1.2.45
    Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2

Shockwave Flash
    File: NPSWF32.dll
    Version: 11.1.102.55
    Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102

Shockwave for Director
    File: np32dsw.dll
    Version: 11.6.3.633
    Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.3.633

Windows Live™ Photo Gallery
    File: NPWLPG.dll
    Version: 15.4.3538.513
    NPWLPG

Microsoft Office 2010
    File: NPSPWRAP.DLL
    Version: 14.0.4761.1000
The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications

Installed extensions:

Adobe Acrobat 10.1.2.45
Java Deployment Toolkit 6.0.300.12
Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U30 6.0.300.12
Microsoft Office 2010 14.0.4761.1000
Shockwave Flash 11.1.102.55
Shockwave for Director 11.6.3.633
Silverlight Plug-In 4.1.10111.0
Windows Live™ Photo Gallery 15.4.3538.513

Paul B. Gallagher