WLS wrote:
On 02/20/2012 08:36 AM, Philip TAYLOR wrote:
If I read the release notes for Seamonkey 2.7.2, I am told :

What's New in SeaMonkey 2.7.2

SeaMonkey 2.7.2 contains the following major changes relative
to SeaMonkey 2.6:

But I knew this already, from the release notes for
Seamonkey 2.7.  Why do the release notes for incremental
release not tell me what the differences are between
this release and the immediately preceding one (e.g.,
in the case of Seamonkey 2.7.2, the differences
between it and Seamonkey 2.7.1) ?

Philip Taylor

Going to the release notes page for SeaMonkey 2.7.2

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.7/

then clicking on the link in the "What's New in SeaMonkey 2.7.2" section
takes me to a "What's New in SeaMonkey 2.6.1" page.

I think this is most likely due to the 2 or 3 volunteer developers, not
having time to update release notes. So, I guess the question is do they
update release notes first, or push out the security fix first.

Anyway this is the difference.

https://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/2012/mfsa2012-11.html

Wonder if Mozilla is going to update this page?

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/releases/

Can also find it in http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.7/changes which is linked from the release notes page.

The reason is that people may update to 2.7.2 directly from 2.6.1, and all our release notes/etc. apply to 2.7.2 just as they did to 2.7, so we try to not duplicate the workload.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)