MCBastos wrote:
Interviewed by CNN on 25/02/2012 16:11, Arne told the world:

I may update sometime in the future, if the developers can make the
newer versions work as we (as users) want it to work. At the moment
there has been to much complaints about all new versions, after
2.0.14, about issues I don't like in the newer versions.

Well, you have to take into account that in every endeavor, the
complaints are always heard louder than the praise. There are lots of
people -- including me -- perfectly happy with the new versions of
Seamonkey. We just aren't as prone to mention it in this forum.

Yes, I understand there are users who are satisfied with the newer versions. But when evaluating a version I read the complaints and decide if they are about something that also I will be unhappy with. And it has been so, to many times.

Well, I wouldn't say "several times a month."

Sorry, It just my feeling I guess, because when my other browsers get updated I hardy notice it. With SM I always notice it because something always get to the point that I have to fix in one way or an other. Not always hard to do, but still what I want to do to keep everything as it was and how I want it to be, if possible.

Making add=ons work has become actually easier recently. Now in many
cases Seamonkey will by default accept an add-on even if technically it
is marked as "incompatible." For other cases, the easiest workaround is
to install the Add-On Compatibility Reporter extension.

As it was way back at least, I hardy get them work after an update before a new update was announced. So I used to hold the updates until I was sure there was at least the most valuable (for me) add-ons that was compatible with the version I updating to. So I have always been a bit behind with the SM updates.

Well, I wouldn't say that's the "easiest" way. Upgrading from 2.0.x to
higher versions is usually straightforward: just download the latest
version and install it over the old one. If you really, really want to
preserve your download history (most users don't care), you can upgrade
to 2.1.x as an intermediate step.

That's what a lot of complaints has been about, the upgrading has not been straightforward. And I don't care about the download history either.

Well, not everybody likes changes, I concede. But it's pretty hard to
avoid them.

I guess I have to change my Internet habits and in the future settle with just what is strictly necessary, like paying my bills. :\

--
/Arne