Keith Whaley wrote:
When I'm typing a message, either in answer to someone else's post or an
original for me to post to the list, I frequently find the appearance of
the letters on the screen lag the pressing of the keyboard keys by as
much as 3 seconds.

If I ignore that and keep typing, eventually the words will appear, but
not smoothly, as in a word processor.

I merely want to know why that is. Suggestions welcome.

Can you have an activity monitor running while you are typing to see if the OS is off doing something else while the keystrokes wait in the buffer? I had a serious case of that a few years ago that we traced to a lot of extraneous re-paints.

Ray