This is a "new build" system, and Seamonkey has
been installed /ex nihilo/ within the last month.
Tidying things up today, I decided to investigage
the default links that Seamonkey provides, and
followed the link first to "mozdev.org" and then
to "mozillaZine".  I was staggered to find that
not only does the latter proudly state :

MozillaZine's news site has gone into hibernation.

but it then goes on to say :

Download Google Chrome
A free browser that lets you do more online. Download instantly!
www.google.com/chrome

Are the Seamonkey developers really trying to commit corporate suicide ?! Why on earth does an /ex nihilo/ installation of
Seamonkey contain a very obvious link to a site that is not
only moribund but which contains an advertisement for an
alternative browser ?

Philip Taylor