Kertesz Laszlo wrote:
On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 07:24:29 +0100
GerardJan<gertjan.vinkeste...@gmail.com>  wrote:

Kertesz Laszlo wrote:

Hello,

I observed that fonts on some web pages seem to lack anti-aliasing. Example:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/

I use Debian and i tried both the version from the repos (2.7.3) and the
official builds from the site, they all behave the same. Firefox/Iceweasel
behaves the same though, so i suppose that the issue is down to the rendering
engine.
Other pages look fine with anti aliasing and all.

Why is that? Other browsers (Chrome/Chromium, Opera) have no such issues (but
Midori seems to behave just like Seamonkey though).

i really donĀ“t know, Fedora stays on 2.7.1

Its NOT the version that is of interest here, its the way that the rendering
engine behaves on certain pages. And this issue is since a long time, i have
seen it in older versions too (it persists in the 2.8 version). BTW the link is
safe, it is a forum regarding game of thrones (both series and the books).

PS. For those that are baffled by the debian seamonkey (iceape) version: the
2.7.3 version is not an official one, it seems to be a debian maintainer
patched something. From the changelog:

* New manually-made upstream release. (Upstream Seamonkey doesn't release
     from the ESR branch)

but tell me... why does Micro-soft Silverlight does not work on Seamonkey 8.x ?
--
~Vink